Friday, October 9, 2015

Script for Best Speaker, Wayne Hsiao, of Meeting No.290


C01 Speech ( The Ice Breaker - 4 to 6 minutes )
Title : Hello! I'm Wayne                                          by Wayne Hsiao 2015/10/06(AMTC)

*Objective:
1.To begin speaking before an audience.
2.To discover speaking skills you already have and skills that need some attention.

(Opening)
  If one day you have a chance to become a superhero. Who do you want to be? Superman, Spiderman? Or ... Batman? This is my answer - Batman. In my opinion, batman is not only a cool superhero but also a combination of ninja, martial art master, scientist and detective. He got his abilities by constantly training and study. That is why he is so attractive and special to me. And you know, batman's name is Bruce Wayne. So I decided to pick "Wayne" as my name.
  Toast master, dear fellow members and guests. Good evening! I'm Wayne

(Body)
  Thirty-two years ago, I was born in Gangshan(岡山). Then I lived with my grandparents in Luzhu(路竹) until I was five years old. Despite heartwarming memories, living with my grandparents also let me learn how to speak Taiwanese. 
  Now, I live near the Minzu overpass(民族路橋) and I work in Linyuan(林園). My job is a drafter and my duty is to use cad software to make drawings. But my work requires me to sit in front of computer more than six hours a day. Sometimes, even more than ten hours a day. So I got severe backache around 5 years ago. It was really hurt! I couldn't sleep well. I couldn't focus on my work. And I even lost my patience in my life. Then one day, I found an interesting video on youtube. I saw a woman who is doing yoga. I still remember what she said in that video. She said " Doing yoga is not only beneficial for us to relax our body, but also helpful for us to soften our mind." Then I thought "Maybe, this is what I need." So I began to practice some simple yoga before going to bed. And truth be told, it really improves my sleeping quality and let me have more patience to deal with my daily work.
  In other hands, I don't have many chances to use English in my work. And sometimes I even don't need to talk to people when I was working. So my friend suggested me that I can go to Toastmaster to practice English and make more friends. Then I came here-ALE MAX. I heard many interesting and valuable stories since I was here. Such as like photograph , skiing, working experience, traveling and life stories. Furthermore, I also learned how to make cookies and how to decorate and paint T-shirt. All of these really colorful my life and broaden my horizons.

(Conclusion)

  Because of yoga, I became more and more interested in Indian culture. So today, I want to share with you a sentence I heard from the Bollywood movie - 3 Idiots. That is "Ah-Lis-Wel". That means everything is ok and everything will be fine. And guess what, I thought that is Hindi at first. But when I turn back to see the subtitle, I found that it is English. It's "All is well." Maybe that's because Indian have special accent when they speak English. Finally, wish you have a good night and "All is well". Toastmaster.

No comments: